Cannabis is potent medicine. As with all good things cannabis use requires a balance of conscious attention and intelligent action.
Here’s how to get the most healing out of your medicine:
- Natural. Always choose outdoor grown and organic varieties for the best long-term medication.
- Move! Use your medicine to experience your body and the world more deeply rather than as a way to check out. Stretch, do yoga, go for a walk, garden, wrestle, play stickball !
- Freshness counts! Get your food at the farmer’s markets, bulk bins, produce aisle, and restaurants that cook fresh daily! Avoid anything bagged, boxed, frozen, canned, dehydrated, 3-day left-overs etc.
- Schedule! Eat lunch and dinner at the same time every day (1pm and 7 pm are ideal) to keep digestion strong, avoid energy & weight fluctuations, minimise spacey forgetfulness, and even insomnia.
- Hydrate! Cannabis is drying, eroding to tissues & rough so use healthy liquids and oils to keep you juicy and flexible.
- Good Oil (ghee, butter, coconut oil!) helps avoid cravings for badfoods. Massage your skin with oil (raw sesame) before showers to protect skin, help sleep, digest better, and be more grounded.
- Thirsty? Drink cooling juice: pomegranate, aloe, licorice, & grape for dry mouth & as a healthy way to satisfy sweet cravings. Hot tea: ginger, tulsi, or rose refresh and keep digestion strong.
Milk (whole, organic, unhomogenized) balances cannabis’ dry heat and tissue depletion. Always drink milk warm with spices: ginger, clove, cinnamon. Nutmeg will help with sleep.